Thursday, June 10, 2010

Funny Friendship Quotes from Famous People

Friends may come and go, but enemies accumulate.
-Thomas Jones
***
Money can't buy friends, but you can get a better class of enemy.
 -Spike Milligan
***
We English are good at forgiving our enemies; it releases us from the obligation of liking our friends.
 -P. D. James
***
Between men and women there is no friendship possible. There is passion, enmity, worship, love, but no friendship.
-Oscar Wilde
***
A benevolent man should allow a few faults in himself, to keep his friends in countenance.
 -Benjamin Franklin
***
The Bible tells us to love our neighbors, and also to love our enemies; probably because they are generally the same people.
 -Gilbert K. Chesterton
***
I got a lotta best friends. Some o' them I don't even hardly know! - Archie Bunker
***
We make our friends; we make our enemies; but God makes our next-door neighbour.
-Gilbert K. Chesterton
***
I hate it in friends when they come too late to help.
 -Euripides
***
One loyal friend is worth ten thousand relatives.
 -Euripides
***
I have lost friends, some by death, others through sheer inability to cross the street.
-Virginia Woolf
***
I have no trouble with my enemies. I can take care of my enemies all right. But my damn friends—they're the ones that keep me walking the floor nights!
 -Warren G. Harding
***
A friend who is near and dear may in time become as useless as a relative.
 -George Ade
***
A good friend can tell you what is the matter with you in a minute. He may not seem such a good friend after telling.
 -Arthur Brisbane

No comments:

Post a Comment