- Serious campers are intense.
- Sports people can avoid the pain of defeat by wearing comfortable shoes.
- Nuns generally wear plain colors because old habits never dye.
- The days of the pocket diary are numbered.
- Lions eat their prey fresh and roar.
- Old bikes should be retired.
- Geometry holds clues for the meaning of life; look and you will see the sines.
- You can't beat a pickled egg.
- If a leapard could cook would he ever change his pots?
- See one melee of unruly people and you've seen a maul.
- Do hungry time-travelers ever go back four seconds?
Sunday, May 23, 2010
Amusing Puns and Double-Meanings
The pun (a humorous device expoiting two words or expressions that sound the same but with 2 different meanings, and usuall with 2 different spellings) is one of the great wonders of the English languages.